[Samba] NT domains -vs- simple workgroups????

Marian Mlcoch, Ing mm at tsmp.sk
Fri Nov 15 07:15:01 GMT 2002

You dont write what you use workgroup or domain or you use NT4 WS or Server?
I mean you use WS and workgroup.
Your samba have config this is reported by linux command
         testparm -s
send reply of this command with allconf to me or samba list when you have
problem.
Secondary is your defined smbusers ... send login names from smbpasswd file.
Afther this i can help you.

At your que what is diferent domain of workgroup...
1. Domain server must register all NT XP W2K clients to work but workgroup
not.
2. Domain server can profile store and login script for any Wx client
workgroup not.
3. Domain server PDC on samba exist only one per domain in NT can secondary
BDC backup.
4. Domain server central store of acl to all domain subservers and clients.
Workgroup nothing.