[Samba] Samba's Printer Going Off-Line (after a Win98 Machine speaks to it)

Steve Thom samba at steventhom.com
Fri Nov 15 04:39:11 GMT 2002

I am having similar issues with my samsung ML1650. The ready light routinely
goes "red" after printing. I usually flip open the top cover and shut it,
which wakes the printer up to go ahead and print the job. Powering it down
would usually result in 10 pages of junk.

I have tried two different ethernet print servers, but still get the same
results. I am using windows print drivers, no spoolss, raw print queue to
the IP address and port, lprng. My windows machine is Windows 2000
Professional, SP3 (rats... I'll bet that was a bad move...).

Any ideas?