[Samba] Problem with integrating Samba 2.2.6 into NT 4.0 domain

Ralf Doppelstein ralf.doppelstein at epost.de
Thu Nov 14 23:57:00 GMT 2002

Hey,

I have a problem with the integration of Samba 2.2.6 into a NT 4.0
Domain. My environment:
- Samba 2.2.6 as SuSE rpm from samba.org
- SuSE 7.3 Intel
- Kernel 2.4.10
- running smbd, nmbd, winbind
- NT 4.0 PDC (german edition)
- NT 4.0- / W2K- / XP-client (german edition)
- Joining the Samba into the domain looks like o.k.:
  + samba is in the browser list visible
  + wbinfo, getent show the domain informations

Samba should offer a share so, that different user's can use the Windows
tools to create subfolders / files in the samba share and change the
acl's.

The problem:
- Only the owner of the samba share (i.e. dom+administrator9 can delete
  permissions.
- If I try to change permisions or add new user's/group's + permissions
  this changes have no effect or I get an error message like "no
  permissions to modify acl's"
- I try a lot of combination's of the smb.conf write list, read list,
  ... parameters.

I will thank you for any hint. Thanks for your help

  Ralf