[Samba] How is the Samba people stress testing Samba.

Collins, Kevin KCollins at nesbittengineering.com
Thu Nov 14 14:15:01 GMT 2002

Bo:

I'm in the "testing and proof" stage of converting from Windows NT 4 to
Linux/SAMBA and I'm very interested in any "stress testing" that you (or
anyone else) could point me to.  If you get your DOS Program working,
would you mind sharing it?

The other thing that interests me in your post is the corruption of a
Paradox database.  I'm also trying to convert of a buddy of mine to the
SAMBA scene at his wife's Veterinarian clinic.  They use a Paradox
database for just about ALL of their record keeping and billing.  Last
week we setup a test server with Red Hat 8 and Samba 2.2.5 and got nearly
4 times the performance over Windows 2000 running the database on the same
hardware.  The problem is that they *pound* on the database 8-12 hours a
day 6 days a week.  I I'm looking at corruption 4-48 into production, I'm
not going to have a buddy for very long....  Have been able to learn
anything more on this front?

I'm going back out the clinic tonight to do some more testing and I'll
report anything that happens while I'm there.

Kevin