[Samba] Default Profiles

Mark Belfanti mark at belfanti.com
Thu Nov 14 02:16:01 GMT 2002

You are correct in saying that the new default profile is set up on each
client as it logs in first time.
The important thing to remember for this is that it is done LOCALLY on
the users workstation, not on the server. So, any changes that you make
to the C:\Documents and Settings\Default User folder or the HKU\.Default
registry hive, have to be done on each and EVERY workstation.
I would suggest that you look at implementing profiles and policies
using the tools in the W2k resource kit and/or creating a mandatory
policy.

Info is also available on the Technet Web site
(www.microsoft.com/technet)

Regards,
Mark

Mark Belfanti <mark at belfanti.com>