[samba] ADD Printerdriver to server through APW

Ben Griffith bgriffit at email.unc.edu
Wed Nov 13 21:33:00 GMT 2002

-----[ a_d at gmx.at wrote on 11/13/2002 9:04 PM +0100 ]-----

> 1) does anybody know why the APW will not accept my winnt driver from
> the driver disc when i comes to install the winnt driver
> 2) is it possible to only install the win2k driver through APW(it didnt
> give me a choice which operating systems to install the drivers for

If you look in the path that the computer puts into the dialog box, it is
usually the path to the driver that you are installing, with some other
stuff tacked onto the end of it after a double slash "\\". What I do is
delete the second slash and the remainder of the path to the right, and the
install then proceeds. I have not had any problems loading drivers into the
server this way.

To install drivers for other OSs, goto the server in the network
neighborhood, open the printers share. File-->Server Properties will get
you a dialog window. There is a drivers tab there. Select "add" and you
will get the choice as to which OS you are about to install a new driver
for.

     --Ben--

Ben Griffith
bgriffit at email.unc.edu