[Samba] Question about spaces in a share name

Charles S. Libby Charles.S.Libby at motorola.com
Wed Nov 13 21:20:01 GMT 2002

I can not use the double quotes in the fstab file where I want to use it.
Double quotes work fine on the mount command line, but I want to be able
to mount the file system with out the entire criptic command line.
Currently I use:

# mount -t smbfs -o username=<myDomainUserName>,uid=<MyLocalUserName>
//ServerIPAddress/"Shared Name With Spaces" /mnt/mydir

This Works.  But the setup does not seem to work in the fstab file so
all I need to type at the command line is:

 mount /mnt/mydir

I would much perfer this method and I really do not want to write a
script to execute either.

                        Charles