[Samba] Can't Find Test Code

Salvatore Palmisano spalmisano at usashs.com
Wed Nov 13 21:01:01 GMT 2002

Samba newbie, apologies if these are well-worn questions.  My googling
hasn't found an answer yet.

Mandrake 9.0
Samba 2.2.6 Dled from http://us1.samba.org/samba/ftp/samba-2.2.6.tar.gz
Following instructions from http://hr.uoregon.edu/davidrl/samba.html and
http://us1.samba.org/samba/docs/Samba-HOWTO-Collection.html

When getting to the ./configure part, I'm getting the below error.  This
is a paste of the tail of what I'm seeing in the terminal window.
Everything was Dled, extracted, and run as root.

***
[snip]
checking for Linux kernel oplocks... no
checking for kernel change notify support... no
checking for kernel share modes... no
checking for IRIX kernel oplock type definitions... no
checking for irix specific capabilities... no
checking for int16 typedef included by rpc/rpc.h... no
checking for uint16 typedef included by rpc/rpc.h... no
checking for int32 typedef included by rpc/rpc.h... no
checking for uint32 typedef included by rpc/rpc.h... no
checking for conflicting AUTH_ERROR define in rpc/rpc.h... no
checking for test routines... configure: error: cant find test code.
Aborting config
***

What I found when researching initially was to check for a proper gcc
install (yes) and that the dir wasn't read only (its not) and that
there's enough room on the drive (1.1g available).
Where to begin troubleshooting this?

.salvatore
http://sienar.org/
http://palmisanonet.com/