[Samba] new user

Scott Prive Scott.Prive at storigen.com
Wed Nov 13 19:29:07 GMT 2002

Gary,

You have gone through the website under Support/Troubleshooting links, right?
See also ftp://ftp.stratus.com/pub/vos/customers/samba/SAMBA_Troubleshooting.rtf
If you're using NT domains (not simple "workgroups"), you have an extra level of troubleshooting to perform since you're adding a password server to the mix. Ideally you'd want to be sure Samba is configured correctly in simple cases, before adding more complexity.

If these docs *don't* provide an obvious solution... at least some of these tests will fail and you will have more precise information.

IF it's safe to do so, shut down ipchains on the Red Hat box to eliminate it as a source of interference.

Good luck,
Scott

.