[Samba] setting it up

Bradley W. Langhorst brad at langhorst.com
Wed Nov 13 17:34:02 GMT 2002

On Wed, 2002-11-13 at 11:12, cbaker at bbbscentralohio.org wrote:
> I am setting up Hylafax on a Mandrake 9.0 box. I found out that I will
> need to install Samba to use with Hylafax.
>
> So far, I have all the Samba RPMs from the Mandrake CD's
> installed.
>
> How do I get the Samba server to run when I start the machine up?
> Does anyone else know what I need to do to get it to work with
> Hylafax?

I don't know anything about hylafax but the default installation of
samba should start samba automatically.
if not you can make links in your /etc/rc.5 directory
to the /etc/init.d/samba*
S##progname (means Start this program in the order specified by the
number)
K means stop the specified program.

you'll need to read the samba howto docs to set up samba

best wishes

brad