[Samba] Samba configuration errors

ramalingam.k.ramalingam at verizon.com ramalingam.k.ramalingam at verizon.com
Wed Nov 13 17:14:33 GMT 2002

Hi,

We have downloaded the latest source code of samba ver 2.2.x,
1)when we try to configure it it is giving the following error :
$./configure
checking for gcc... gcc
checking whether the C compiler (gcc -O  ) works... no
configure: error: installation or configuration problem: C compiler cannot create executables.
2)when i checked the config.log it is giving the following error :
This file contains any messages produced by compilers while
running configure, to aid debugging if configure makes a mistake.

configure:812: checking for gcc
configure:925: checking whether the C compiler (gcc -O  ) works
configure:941: gcc -o conftest -O    conftest.c  1>&5
/usr/local/sparc-sun-solaris2.6/bin/ld: cannot open values-Xa.o: No such file or directory
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
configure: failed program was:

#line 936 "configure"
#include "confdefs.h"

main(){return(0);}

We are trying to install it in Solaris 2.6 using gcc compiler 2.95.3

Is there any compatible c compilers or any pre-requisites before configuring and building the source.

Can you please help to resolve this problem.

Thanks
Ramalingam RK