[Samba] Samba 3.0a20 lldap error: attribute rid not allowed

Bob Hemedinger rhemedinger at yahoo.com
Wed Nov 13 16:29:01 GMT 2002

I am attempting to configure samba 3.0 alpha 20 for
ldap use using the PDC docs provided by idealx.

I have copied the samba.schema file into
/etc/openldap/schema and added the line to include it
in slapd.conf. I also created the initial ldap entries
using the base_ldif they include in their doc.

When I try to add any user (example):

smbldap-useradd.pl -a -m -g 200 administrator -W

After entering the ldap password, the posix account is
created, but when the account is modified to add the
samba information, I get the error:

ldap_modify: object class violation
additional info: attribute 'rid' not allowed
ldif_record() = 65

Any help would be appreciated!