[Samba] Slow network to samba machine

richard.ohora at worldspan.com richard.ohora at worldspan.com
Wed Nov 13 13:50:01 GMT 2002

I had that problem 2 if you have wins enabled in samba turn it off and
restart smb 1 or 2 times and the error should disappear
Never got a solution to enable wins and get rid of the error went back to
7.3 for the moment

Richard

                      "Marian Mlcoch,
                      Ing" <mm at tsmp.sk>        To:       "Danny Regan" <dregan at midfield.com.au>
                      Sent by:                 cc:       <samba at samba.org>
                      samba-admin at lists        Subject:  Re: [Samba] Slow network to samba machine
                      .samba.org

                      13/11/2002 06:25

I mean your problem is hardware. Specialy UTP cable wrong configured.
UTP must have connected cable pairs 12 and 36 (45  78)  not 12   34  56
78
When you have this cable missconf then only one way (12) work ok.

Try test and change cable.