[Samba] Does the newest version support Mulitibyte NETBIOS name?

Fei, Long-Wen longwen at giga.net.tw
Wed Nov 13 11:30:01 GMT 2002

Dear Sir,

I remember that I can use multibyte NETBIOS name (just as Traditional Chinese) in Microsoft Windows to talk with the previous version of samba (maybe 2.0.7).

But since I use 2.2.3a (which is included in RedHat 7.3), the log file name is incorrect when the client use multibyte NETBIOS name.  And when I use the newest version (2.2.6), if the client use multibyte NETBIOS name, then the client can not share anything with the SAMBA server.   At the same time, I can use multibyte NETBIOS name in any Microsoft Windows production,  and share any file or printer service to each other.

Does the newest version support multibyte NETBIOS name?  If not, will be support at next version?

Thanks a lot!

Fei, Long-Wen