nss_wins (was [Samba] winbind)

Joseph Loo jloo at acm.org
Wed Nov 13 04:00:00 GMT 2002

I was finally able to install the nss_wins version 2.2.3 on the machine. I can
ping myself with no problems but it does not recognize any oher machine on the
network. I am pretty sure that the samba.conf file is correctly configured
because I see the machine on another windows machine with no problem and I am
bale to share the directory with no problem. I think, I need to have some kind
of minimal login to allow the machine to talk to the wins server properly. Is
there any documents that describe how to setup and configure it without
joining the domain.

Thaks.