[Samba] file folder directory copy problem from Netware 5.x box to a RH AS2.1 box

Todd toddz at trico.org
Tue Nov 12 23:38:26 GMT 2002

I have a generic question regarding copying files, folders and directories
from Netware SMB to a SMB enabled Linux box.

What could cause my network connection to fail/close/shutdown or just make
the file copying process lockup?

I have no send receive buffers in place within my smb.conf file and was
wondering if that could resolve the problem.  I am confused as to what
number or numbers to use?  I have heard that there are timing issues with
respect to Samba and Windows file shares Netware file shares and am
concerned as to what the right mix I need.

Please help.  Thanks.

Todd