[Samba] samba browser problem!

Gareth Davies gdavies at willowbrook.co.uk
Tue Nov 12 09:44:01 GMT 2002

Message---- Original Message -----
From: Rakhee Sood
To: Andrew Tridgell (samba at samba.org)
Sent: Monday, November 11, 2002 10:20 PM
Subject: [Samba] samba browser problem!

Hi Andrew,

I have upgraded recently samba1.9 to samba2.2.5. At the weekend there was an
unexpected shutdown, during that time samba machine upgraded itself to
Master Browser, earlier it was an NT 4.0 machine. Now when I rebooted the NT
machine, both NT machine and samba machine are considering themselves Master
Browser. I want only NT to be master browser. How I can disable samba to act
as Master Browser.

Or if there is any other thing which i can do to diable samba acting as a
Master Browser.

<SNIP>

Perhaps RTFM next time?

Check out..

# set local master to no if you don't want Samba to become a master
# browser on your network. Otherwise the normal election rules apply
local master = no

# OS Level determines the precedence of this server in master browser
# elections. The default value (20) should be reasonable
; os level = 1

# Domain Master specifies Samba to be the Domain Master Browser. This
# allows Samba to collate browse lists between subnets. Don't use this
# if you already have a Windows NT domain controller doing this job
; domain master = no

# Preferred Master causes Samba to force a local browser election on startup
# and gives it a slightly higher chance of winning the election
; preferred master = no

Regards

P.S. Please don't post in HTML

             Shaolin - IT Systems