[Samba] authentication problems

Brian Henning brian.henning at navitaire.com
Tue Nov 12 03:47:01 GMT 2002

i am trying to set up a bunch of users on a freeBSD box with smb access to
their home accounts from windows.  I decided to use homes as the method to
do this. everything is almost working i was able to edit the smb.conf with
swat and the only problem is i can't get the password correct.. i added the
users with smbpasswd -a <user> .... when i run testparm everything seems to
check out ok with the smb.conf file.... is it possible that it is not
authenticating? do i need to set a path for another password file? i am
kinda stuck could someone give me some advice on what to try?  thanks...