RES: [Samba] problem with different user

SALOME Alexandre alexandre.salome at comau.com.br
Mon Nov 11 19:26:02 GMT 2002

On Mon, 2002-11-11 at 14:22, SALOME Alexandre wrote:

> > Hi ,
> >
> > I need to do my user_windows "eng.processo" to acess my unix solaris 2.x
> > as user_unix "cs02929".
> > As like indicate, I create in "global" of file "smb.conf" the command:
> > username map = /etc/smbusers
> > and into the file /etc/smbuser, the command:  cs02929 = "eng.processo".
> > This it don´t work. Please, what do I do to this work? Do I forgot
> > anythink?
did you try it without the quotes?
username mapping works fine for me but my users don't have "." in their
names

brad

I create un user windows "ecarroceria" and put into the file /etc/smbusers
(cs02929 = ecarroceria) an also don´t owrk.
My secury is server=user, and I don´t have domain.
Have you other idea?
Thanks a lot

Salomé