[Samba] OT - JustLPD ...

C.Lee Taylor leet at leenx.co.za
Mon Nov 11 15:03:01 GMT 2002

Greetings ...

	A while ago, I ask if anybody had a solution to running remote printers
off Win9X computers without enabling File/Print sharing.

	Recieved a few ideas, but most of them were to use pay software, which
I was not able to do.

	So after fighting with a few differant ideas, I got my web developer to
download lcc and see what he could do.  We googled the net and found the
basics to LPD server, which after a little playing made JustLPD.

	JustLPD is just that.  It's meant as a free light LPD server that will
running under Win9X computer with a printer attched.  It only currently
supports a single printer.  Seeing that neither myself or my web
developer are C programs, please be kind.

	You should be able to find it at http://www.leenx.co.za/projects/

	I hope this help other people that don't wish to share every computer
in the office.

Mailed
Lee

P.S. Great work Samba Team.