[Samba] error conecting from winxp to samba on tru64 or linux

parthoens parthoens at advalvas.be
Mon Nov 11 12:23:03 GMT 2002

Hello

My name is Ronald Parthoens and I have problems with my samba.  When
connecting with my windows XP to my samba server (version 2.2.5)on Tru 64.  I
receive an error.
That error I receive on every XP workstation that is in the company.

I allready did the following winxp registry update.
Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00
;
; This registry key is needed for a Windows XP Client to join
; and logon to a Samba domain. Note: Samba 2.2.3a contained
; this key in a broken format which did nothing to the registry -
; however XP reported "registry key imported". If in doubt
; check the key by hand with regedit.

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Netlogon\Parameters]
"requiresignorseal"=dword:00000000

Do you know what I can also try to connect to my samba server.

Thanks in advance

Ronald Parthoens
Belgium