[Samba] making Samba works together with PAM

Alceu Rodrigues de Freitas Jr. glasswalk3r at yahoo.com.br
Mon Nov 11 12:06:00 GMT 2002

Ok fellows,

This is my last try. Please, anybody tell me if
something is missing on this list!

I need to setup on a Linux + Samba (PDC) to restrict
just one login per ID (not allow two logins with same
id).So:

1 - edit /etc/pam.d/samba -> chaging session line with
session required /lib/security/pam_limits.so

2 - in /etc/security/limits.conf:
   *   -     maxlogins   1

3 - in smb.conf:
   obey pam restrictions = yes
   utmp = yes

4 - compile Samba --with-utmp

And the last question: Samba provided by RedHat
7.3(valhalla) as RPM package has the --with-utmp
option compiled, or I must download the source code of
2.2.6 to get this feature?

Thank you very much,

=====
Alceu Rodrigues de Freitas Junior
glasswalk3r at yahoo.com.br
http://www.imortais.cjb.net
--
Hell is empty and all the devils are here.
		-- Wm. Shakespeare, "The Tempest"