[Samba] Forcing Password change from Win2k client

Sauro Saltini saltini at shc.it
Mon Nov 11 11:40:59 GMT 2002

Hi, everybody.
I've read many posts about forcing users to change their passwords at logon time from windows clients, but still I can't make it work.

I've set up a Samba PDC with the latest stable version (2.2.6) of samba and configured it to do Unix password syncing through PAM.
Then I've set up Unix passwords with the right aging parameters and all works fine in Unix (I've got logon messages about password expiration and I'm forced to change password after expiration time)