[Samba] Recycle on non-user dirs

joe at cedar.net joe at cedar.net
Sun Nov 10 19:32:01 GMT 2002

# NOTE: It currently doesn't work with the [homes] virtual
share, use a regular share instead
---
I have recycle working the user's folders. I would like to use
it on other shares that are used by many users, i.e.,
company_public/ etc.  I have company_public setup as a user and
with a home dir under /home/company_public with .recycle/ under
that.

Setup from smb.conf:

[Company_Public]
   comment = Company Public
   path = /home/company_public
   public = no
   browseable = yes
   writeable = yes
   write list = @company_staff
   valid users = @company_staff
   create mask = 0765
   vfs object = /usr/local/lib/samba/recycle.so
   vfs options = /usr/local/etc/recycle.conf

I am assuming this doesn't work due to the note at the top of
this post--'currently doesn't work'. But it does work with a
regular share, how can I setup this public share as a regular
share with a recycle bin?

Been through the archives and googled for an hour on this.
Thanks for any help.

Joe