[Samba] How stable is samba 3.0?

Mikko Rautiainen mrautia6 at welho.com
Sun Nov 10 09:28:03 GMT 2002

Hi,

Im using 2.2.x at the moment and I'm wondering should I move to 3.0 now.
I need samba to be a file server in couple networks. What I need in all
of them is to get the samba to authenticate user / group from
winNT/Win2k servers. At the moment this doesn't work with the 2.2.x
because my lack of knowledge.
I have 3 weeks time to get this working =). If I can't make this I must
install Microsoft software in those tree new file servers :( and that I
don't want.
All the tree networks are a like.

So is the Samba 3.0 stable enough to be used in a companys use wich
needs stablenes?
Is the 3.0 easyer to conf to be in a WinNT domain?

Thanks
Mikko