[Samba] question: syncing AD and NDS w/ samba?

Adam Kosmin adk9001 at nyp.org
Fri Nov 8 18:06:01 GMT 2002

Hello all,
	I'm wondering if samba(TNG?) can offer a solution for keeping NDS in sync with Active Directory? Perhaps, samba would be only be part of a larger solution involving openldap and or other components. Although I've used samba in the past on stand-alone servers, I have am not up to speed on it's ability to plug into an AD environment (act as a DC) so please excuse me if my question is a bit vauge.
	In summary, I'm trying to explore the possibilities here and if successful, will build a case which will help establish Linux/Samba/<insert various other Free Software components here> within my environment and oppose more money being wasted on non-free, non-empowering solutions.

Best,
Adam Kosmin
windowsrefund.net

--
"Silly hacker, root is for administrators"
	- Unknown