[Samba] Samba 2.2.5 as Wins-Server with Win XP workstation.

Sam Barasch barasch at biostat.wisc.edu
Fri Nov 8 15:59:00 GMT 2002

Mr. Glatzel.

I don't think I understand your problem fully.  However, I will try to help.

So, if you point the WINS settings on your XP clients to be the IP address
of your samba server, you are unable to logon to the samba domain, yet when
you do not direct the WINS services on the XP clients to point at the samba
server, you are able to logon to the samba domain?

If that is the case, I must say, it is quite peculiar.

Not that the Micro$oft side error messages are very informative, but do you
get an error message on the XP clients when logging into the domain?

Are you using the lmhosts file at all?

-Sam