[Samba] Problem with configurable Linux as a PDC with Windows 2000 clients

Frank Matthieß fm+samba at Microdata-POS.de
Fri Nov 8 12:20:02 GMT 2002

On Fri, Nov 08, 2002 at 07:51:40PM +0800, Michael wrote:
> I pinged the win2k box from linux box by address and name. And I did the
> same from linux box to win2k box.
> My win2k is sp2 version.

Are both machines on the same network?
If not you have to make surwe that the w2k machine has a correct setup
for wins - which is your LINUXBOX. If not setup correctly, there is a
browsing/broadcast problem.

Is the domain MYDOMAIN visible in "network neighbourhood"? Is it
accessible? Are there at least LINUXBOX visible?

--
Frank Matthieß                                    fm+samba at Microdata-pos.de