[Samba] can PDC help-implementing authorized internet access

kdmprasad at netindial.com kdmprasad at netindial.com
Fri Nov 8 09:51:00 GMT 2002

 Hello,
Iam just planning to go with samba as a primary domain
controller.I run a networked stations which mostly are linux and a few
on windows.And i just had an idea that the LAN users once
authenticated in PDC has an access to the file and print
services.Can i use the same PDC and untill a user is authorized
there is no internet access given.Imagine there is no DHPC server,so
the systems have ip addresses and they know the proxy address too.Do
anyone have an indea about this or worked on a concept like this
bfore.can PDC help me here implementing the same scenario.Please guide
me .

thanks in advance
prasad.