[Samba] rpcclient error

Robert M Shepard bob at rmshep.mt.net
Fri Nov 8 03:43:00 GMT 2002

I am running samba 2.2.6 on redhat 7.3.  This machine has joined the
domain, and I can browse and access shares on this server.

I want this server to be a major printer server on a large network of some
700 PC's.  I am trying to get windows driver download and upload working
correctly.

everytime I run the command  rpcclient localhost -N -U'yyyyy%xxxx' -c
'adddriver "Windows NT x86"
"hislsr1:ADOBEPS5.DLL:hislsr1.PPD:ADOBEPSU.DLL:ADOBEPSU.HLP:NULL:RAW:NULL"'

I get the error:

cmd = adddriver "Windows NT x86"
"hislsr1:ADOBEPS5.DLL:hislsr1.PPD:ADOBEPSU.DLL:ADOBEPSU.HLP:NULL:RAW:NULL"
result was NT_STATUS_UNSUCCESSFUL

running with -d3 gives

Connecting to 127.0.0.1 at port 139
lsa_io_sec_qos: length c does not match size 8

I have seen several references to this error on the list with various
solutions.  I have tried all of them.

This is really the only impediment to making this work and eliminating all
of the windows NT printer servers on our network.  Because of the size of
the network, installing printer drivers locally is impractical.

Note, this isn't an authentication problem because I can run other rpc
commands correctly and access shares correctly.

I have traced this error to the file:

"parse_lsa.c" line 179 of 2103 --8%-- col 1-8

but I haven't tried to figure out exactly what this is doing.

any help would be appreciated.

bob shepard