[Samba] Virtual domains

Herb Lewis herb at sgi.com
Thu Nov 7 16:27:00 GMT 2002

Not quite accurate. It can be done with multiple smbd/nmbd running
on a machine. Each needs its own interface and directories set to
keep all the config files and tdb files in different locations. I
actually did this once with a Failsafe configuration. Of course you
cannot share the same directories or you run the risk of locking
problems and potential data corruption.

Gerald (Jerry) Carter wrote:
> On Mon, 4 Nov 2002, Salvador Zarzo wrote:
>

>>Hi list.
>>
>>	I've had success getting virtual servers but I can't get virtual domains.
>>
>>	Is it possible having a computer serving different domains?
>>
>>Greetings in advance and sorry for my english.
>

> Not under the current Samba releases.

Herb Lewis                               Silicon Graphics
Networking Engineer                      1600 Amphitheatre Pkwy MS-510
Strategic Software Organization          Mountain View, CA  94043-1351
herb at sgi.com                             Tel: 650-933-2177
http://www.sgi.com                       Fax: 650-932-2177
PGP Key: 0x8408D65D