[Samba] Re: pdb_mysql isn't working for me :-(

Jelmer Vernooij jelmer at nl.linux.org
Thu Nov 7 10:44:00 GMT 2002

On Thu, Nov 07, 2002 at 08:13:38PM +1100, xfesty wrote:
> On Thursday, November 7, 2002, at 07:58 PM, Jelmer Vernooij wrote:
> > Yep, you do.
> >
> > Btw. The machine accounts are usually saved in the passdb, so if you
> > switch to
> > using the pdb_mysql, you need to join all machines to the domain
> > *again* (
> > or use multiple passdb backends).
>
> Sorry for the second email, but does this mean I need to add machine
> accounts into the mysql db too?
Yep, you need to have the machine accounts in either of your passdb backends.
(You can use more than one of them, for example:
passdb backend = plugin:/path/to/pdb_mysql.so:identifier smbpasswd
new accounts are added to the first backend)

Next to that, the machine accounts need a standard unix account. But
those can come from nss_mysql.

> Anything special need to be done to identify this as a machine account?
>   (The columns that I had in the previous email - are they sufficient?)
I don't have that email here right now, so I can't tell whether your
columns were correct, but the account attributes are stored in the acct_ctrl
and acct_desc field.

Jelmer