[Samba] pdb_mysql isn't working for me :-(

xfesty xfesty at computeraddictions.com.au
Thu Nov 7 08:31:01 GMT 2002

Hiya...

Trying to auth users against a mysql database using pdb_mysql.  Using
samba3.0 from CVS, running as a PDC.

Few questions as well: In the "username column:", I'm assuming I need a
real unix user here?  Can I have a whole bunch of "nt username" users
(i.e. non-unix users) in the mysql db to be auth'ed with samba, but
they're all using the same unix user?

Do I also need a admin user (i.e. root/Administrator) in this mysql db
so I can join the 2K/XP machines onto the domain?

Thankyou (Sorry for the big email).

(This is what happens if I try and login from a machine already joined
on the domain).

root at serber[/var/log/samba]# tail -f log.smbd
[2002/11/07 19:19:30, 0] passdb/pdb_plugin.c:pdb_init_plugin(51)
   Failed to load sam plugin /usr/local/lib/pdb_mysql.so using
sys_dlopen (/usr/local/lib/pdb_mysql.so: undefined symbol:
pdb_get_init_flag)
[2002/11/07 19:19:30, 0]
passdb/pdb_interface.c:make_pdb_methods_name(397)
   pdb backend plugin:/usr/local/lib/pdb_mysql.so:mysql did not
correctly init (error was NT_STATUS_UNSUCCESSFUL)
[2002/11/07 19:19:30, 1]
passdb/pdb_interface.c:make_pdb_context_list(475)

---

mysql dump (note, this is only a very simple test db):

CREATE TABLE users (
username varchar(255),
ntusername varchar(255),
fullname varchar(255) default 'Guest User',
logontime int(9),
logofftime int(9),
kickofftime int(9),
workstations varchar(255) default NULL,
lanmanpass varchar(255) default NULL,
ntpass varchar(255) default NULL,
plaintextpass varchar(255),
uid int(9),
gid int(9),
usersid int(9),
groupsid int(9)
);

GRANT ALL PRIVILEGES ON sambauser.* TO samba at localhost IDENTIFIED BY
'sambapass' WITH GRANT OPTION;

INSERT INTO users (username, ntusername, plaintextpass) VALUES
("testuser", "testuser", "testpass");

--

smb.conf:

[global]
    workgroup = BBNETWORK
    netbios name = BBSERVER
    server string = Authentication Server
    log file = /var/log/samba/log.%m
    max log size = 1000
    syslog = 0
    security = user
    encrypt passwords = no
    local master = yes
    os level = 64
    domain master = yes
    preferred master = yes
    domain logons = yes
    logon script = logon.bat
    dns proxy = no
    hosts allow = 10.12.0. 127.0.0.
    wins support = yes
    time server = yes
    hide dot files = yes
    interfaces = eth1 10.12.0/24
    bind interfaces only = yes

    passdb backend = plugin:/usr/local/lib/pdb_mysql.so:mysql

    mysql:mysql host = localhost
    mysql:mysql user = sambauser
    mysql:mysql password = sambapass
    mysql:mysql database = samba
    mysql:table = users

    mysql:logon time column = logontime
    mysql:logoff time column = logofftime
    mysql:kickoff time column = kickofftime
    mysql:username column = username
    mysql:nt username column = ntusername;
    mysql:fullname column = fullname;
    mysql:workstations column = workstations;
    mysql:uid column = uid;
    mysql:gid colun = gid;
    mysql:user sid column = usersid;
    mysql:group sid column = groupsid;
    mysql:lanman pass column = lanmanpass;
    mysql:nt pass column = ntpass;
    mysql:plaintext pass column = plaintextpass;