[Samba] Printing to pdf

Gémes Géza geza at kzsdabas.sulinet.hu
Wed Nov 6 21:41:01 GMT 2002

Hi!

I succesfully printed from my XP box to print-pdf using adobe generic
postcript driver  http://www.adobe.com/products/printerdrivers/windows.html
. Obtaining pdf and ps files on my home share, but I don't know why all the
"printouts" were greyscaled, while the adobe testpapge was color (only the
Adobe logo is actualy red)
Another problem is that because this driver doesn't have inf files I
couldn't upload and install the printer drivers on the Samba Server via the
APW capabilty, so that clients could automaticaly download it from the
server at the first access.
I think the printerdrivers haven't anithing to do with /etc/printcap, or so
like, but they are stored at /var/lib/samba/printers with driver list
residing in the printing related tdb files in /var/cache/samba ( At least
with Mandrake 9.0)

Geza Ghemes

The distribution is Mandrake Linux 9.0
OK, I install driver local, but which driver? W2K doesn't come with a pdf
printer driver, does it?

Regards, Stefan Tunsch