[Samba] Printing to pdf

Thomas Bork tombork at web.de
Wed Nov 6 17:51:01 GMT 2002

Hi Stefan,

> I have recently installed linux and samba on one server.

which linux distribution?

> I would like to know if I can make Windows machines use the pdf-generator
> printer that is shared by default with samba?

AFAIK there is no distribution, which comes with a pdf-printing-share by default . If you are using eisfair with samba package 1.0.9 and ghostscript package 1.0.2, then you have to install an postscript driver on the client:

For colored pdf try Apple Color LW 12/660 PS, for black/white Apple Laserwriter 12/640.

> When I try to add this printer to a W2K machine I always get the message "The
> driver is not the appropriate. Do you want to install the right driver
> locally on your machine?"

You have to install the driver local - I tried an automatic download but I guess there is a problem with printers, which are not associated with an printcap entry.

> Could anyone help me out with this.

HTH

tom