[Samba] Can't print duplex

Schaffer, Paul pschaffe at tiaa-cref.org
Wed Nov 6 14:55:01 GMT 2002

I am using Samba 2.2.6 on a Solaris 2.8 print server.
When I try to print from an XP client to an HP LaserJet 8000 or 8150 printer
with the drivers installed locally, everything works fine including "Duplex"
printing.

When I try to print to a printer with the drivers stored on the Samba
server, the
"Duplex" feature is not available to the application. The client is able to
turn on
Duplexing in the "Printers and Faxes" folder and it appears to be installed,
but
when you try to select Duplex from the "Layout" tab from within an
application,
two sided printing is not available.
Has anyone seen this problem?