[Samba] Samba wins

Marian Mlcoch, Ing mm at tsmp.sk
Wed Nov 6 09:59:01 GMT 2002

Browsing network nothing is work by wins-server. Wins not colect any
browsing info!
Wins only translate name to ip for all workgroup clients that have set this
one wins.
Then all clients in all nets and workgroups can use \\name\service ok but
not all browse network ok.
When you need browse ok you must route broadcast trafic or you must have in
all subnets one samba server
with browse master and browse sync setup ok.
Wins server can by only one.
Try read chapter 2.4.1 on
http://us2.samba.org/samba/ftp/cvs_current/docs/htmldocs/improved-browsing.h
tml