[Samba] Daily smb_trans2_request errors

Cipriano Groenendal cipri at campai.nl
Wed Nov 6 08:43:00 GMT 2002

Every morning at 2:02am, and 6:25am, I get the following two lines in my /var/log/messages:

Nov  6 06:25:15 borgCube kernel: smb_trans2_request: result=-104, setting invalid
Nov  6 06:25:16 borgCube kernel: smb_retry: successful, new pid=28929, generation=37

The pid always stays the same, and generation increases by 1 everytime it happens.

Currently I got one share from a W2K computer mounted on my filesystem, and one share from the samba server mounted on the W2K box. The shares aren't related.
Running on a Debian 3.0, samba 2.2.3a-6, kernel 2.4.18.
Any help on getting rid of these messages would be appreciated :)

Met vriendelijke groet,

Cipriano Groenendal
Campai Business Solutions B.V
Darwinstraat 6