[Samba] Samba 2.2.6 and Winbind

Lynn windwalker_2000 at yahoo.com
Wed Nov 6 00:00:19 GMT 2002

On Samba 2.2.6 and Winbind I used the following command and all are working:

/usr/local/samba/bin/wbinfo -u  (it did list all win 2000 users)
/usr/local/samba/bin/wbinfo -g  (it did list all win 2000 groups)
root# getent passwd               (it list all Linux users)
root# getent group                  (it list all Linux groups)
============================================== The problem is. When I am at a Linux command line and I try
to logon to Windows 2000 Server it won 't work.
DOMAIN+username
In my case it is user logon:WEBOFFICE+biguser
password: (password entered)
It prompt for a password, I enter the password, and it said "invalid
user account." I then log on using just a username and leave out WEBOFFICE user logon: biguserpassword: (password entered)
It still gives me the same error
What do I need to do to be able to log onto a Win 2000 server from a Linux computer ?