[Samba] getent not working / winbindd issues

Noel Kelly nkelly at citrusnetworks.net
Tue Nov 5 22:38:59 GMT 2002

Sean,

You don't actually need PAM for Samba to act as a Windows file server
dipping into the NT domain lists with winbindd for authentication.

I would remove your PAM configuration stuff and see if that cures it.

I run several large Samba servers here which do file/print to domain users.
There is no adjusted PAM config.

HTH
Noel