[Samba] Warning when updating Samba via mandrake update

Ken Walker ken.walker at textiles.umist.ac.uk
Tue Nov 5 11:26:00 GMT 2002

I've just done a update of Samba from 2.2.4 to 2.2.6.

After installing everything it says some files were modified, ie smb.conf,
and gives you the option to view the changes.

It removed all my shared folders, removed settings from 'global' and changed
lines for cups and other bits and pieces. Some changes are highlighted in
green and the ones it removes are in red with '-' stuck in front of them.

I'm not sure if anything happens if you just click on ok after the update
and don't see what's been changed.

So be warned, if everything stops working after an update then check your
smb.conf file

Mr Smiley ( not smiling )