[Samba] Nothing work : Win2k Nethwork path not found

OneWayPub at gmx.de OneWayPub at gmx.de
Tue Nov 5 02:30:02 GMT 2002

HI all,

ok. I read all the entries of this mailinglist with the subject nethwork path. I try everything but
nothing happens. I have no more ideas what i can do. Pleaaaaaaasssseeee heeeeellllllppppp.
(I also tried to walk throught document.txt)

The problem:
-Client Win2k
-Server Suse Linux 8.0 with Samba
-I completely installed and configured Samba. I walk throught the document of Samba. I tried
 all steps of the issue to solve problems with samba. But  in step, I think 7 the failure appears.
 I tried to enter "net view \\server ", but the answer is "Network path not found System error 53"
-the ping is allright and everything works fine I can see the server in the network neigbourhood
 but I can't see any folders.
-I can log in by the server itself with smbclient.
-All deamons work and listen to the right ports.
-lmhosts on both machines are right configured. ( The ping : "ping server" and "ping linux"
 worked, but "ping linux" only send to the client. It looses 100%.
-The users are already set. Also the password (both  Win2k and Samba without password
 encrypt).
-All rights to access the folders are all rights

In the log.nmbd (loglevel 10) I found 2 things:
First: master browser not found
Second: .... subnet 192.168.123.157 (<--- that should be wrong because the broadcast is
255.255.255.0), but in other steps in the logfile it seems samba has no problem with this

So i hope you can understand my problem and perhaps solve it.
Please don't say walk thropugh this or this doc. I walk through ALL docs in the net and on the
machine.

If you need a ogfile of nmbd or smbd I can send it to you.

Onewaypub at gmx.de

Thnaks a lot,
Carl

Here my smb.conf:

# Samba config file created using SWAT
# from linux (192.168.123.179)
# Date: 2002/09/03 22:49:37

# Global parameters
[global]
        workgroup = FIREMUN
        netbios name = SERVER
        map to guest = Bad User
        null passwords = Yes
        username map = /etc/samba/user.map
        log level = 10
        protocol = COREPLUS
        max protocol = COREPLUS
        socket options = SO_KEEPALIVE TCP_NODELAY IPTOS_LOWDELAY
        character set = ISO8859-15
        os level = 2
        wins support = Yes
        default service = global
        comment = Rootverzeichnis
        path = /
        username = onewaypub,root
        valid users = onewaypub,root
        read list = onewaypub
        write list = root
        force user = root
        read only = No
        hosts allow = 192.168.123.
        hosts deny = 192.168.123.254
        max connections = 5
        sync always = Yes
        veto files = /*.eml/*.nws/riched20.dll/*.{*}/

[homes]
        comment = Home Directories
        create mask = 0640
        directory mask = 0750