[Samba] Trouble with groups

Bert Rapp bert at rappsonline.com
Mon Nov 4 19:47:01 GMT 2002

I'm having trouble getting myself in to the administrators group.  I'm
using samba as a domain controller.  I have a samba account called
administrator.  I have these settings in my smb.conf::

domain group map = /etc/samba/groups.mapping
domain user map = /etc/samba/domainuser.mapping
local group map = /etc/samba/localgroup.mapping

This is in my domainuser.mapping to alias the administrator samba
account to the linux root account:
root = \\NORTHTRAILRV\\Administrator

This is in my groups.mapping to alias admins to the Administrators groups
admins = Administrators

This is the group listing in /etc/group:
admins:x:200:root

And for fun I have a local group mapping like this:
admins = BUILTIN\Administrators

For some reason though, when I log on to the domain as administrator, I
still do not have permission to change the time or anything else.

Does anyone have any suggestions?