[Samba] Full qualified Server-Name

Franz Sprecher f.sprecher at ebm.ch
Mon Nov 4 15:11:01 GMT 2002

hello,

we have two near identical Server with the same smb.conf (except the
Comment-Line). On one of these Server we run samba 2.0.7 on the Ohter
samba 2.2.6. To make connections to the server with samba 2.0.7 we need
only the server-Name, to the server with samba 2.2.6 we need the fully
qualified Server-Name (eg. ebmdec5.intranet.ebm).
This weekend we made a test for the Server with samba 2.2.6 to be the
Server with the older samba-Version. After this Test we set both Servers
to ist origin Konfiguration.
Since this time we need for Conections to Both Server the Fully
qualified Server-Name.
In this network is a WINS-Server based on SAMBA activ. Can you help us
to solve this problem?

Kindly regards

EBM Telematik AG

Sprecher Franz (Systemspezialist)