[Samba] Samba as printserver; problems with settings

Peer-Joachim Koch pkoch at bgc-jena.mpg.de
Mon Nov 4 13:12:01 GMT 2002

Hi,

we are using cups 1.1.15,samba 2.2.5 under suse8.0
for printing.

Everything works well (driver download), but we have
some problems with  the settings for the printers.
Under NT 4.0 it is not possible to set "document defaults"
all values can not be changed (only in the printing dialog).
Also everything is lost, when you log off.

What can we do to fix it ?

The problem is, that our HP printers get mad, because
a postscript option "optimized for speed" is installed
as default (i tried to change it on the print server without
success - other settings can be changed ...).

Therefore the printing is very tricky right now ...

Please send answers also as e-mail - thanks. I will post
a summary.

Bye, Peer