[Samba] MySQL authentication & kickoff time?

xfesty xfesty at computeraddictions.com.au
Mon Nov 4 03:59:01 GMT 2002

Hiya.

I'm in the middle of (re)developing a authentication system for an
internet cafe here in Sydney.

By complete accident I discovered the PDB MySQL plugin for samba
yesterday in CVS - amazing.  Haven't tried this yet (waiting for samba
to compile on a really slow machine, heh) but it looks great.

Is anybody using this?  Would you recommend it for use in a heavy use
type environment?

I've noticed in the README for this there's identifiers for "logoff
time" and "kickoff time".  Hmm.  Basically, the clients are Windows XP
machines, and previously I had written a Windows client / UNIX server
infastructure to do this logging off.

Can samba actually "kick" users off after a certain amount of time?

Wow.

If it can, someone let me know how :)