[Samba] swat tool

Joel Hammer Joel at HammersHome.com
Mon Nov 4 02:18:01 GMT 2002

I am not entirely sure of what this error is saying.
That is to say, I don't know what "address" is really referring to.
xinetd, which monitors many ports and starts the
appropriate daemon for each request, thinks it is supposed to be running
swat for you. Which is correct. swat only runs from inetd or xinetd.
However, the "address" is in use. They may mean the port, which is 901 I
think, by default.
I don't know what an iBook is. Have you a command like:
netstat -anp | grep 901
to see if anything is binding to that port?
I strongly suggest that you learn to edit your smb.conf file by hand. swat
can really mess it up for you, or at least previous versions of swat would.
swat is great for documentation, though.
Joel