[Samba] RE: Winbind and space in username

Michael Pellegrino mikepell at pellegq.com
Sat Nov 2 18:33:00 GMT 2002

I think I figured it out.  It seems like changing "valid users" in [homes]

valid users = %D+"%S"

did the trick.  I did not want to try that because I ASS-U-MEd the double
quotes would NOT be taken literally.

I still have the other issue with the 12 character limit on share names, but
I can easily bypass that like I mentioned before.

Thanks,

Mike