[Samba] multiple ldap servers

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Sat Nov 2 02:32:02 GMT 2002

"Gerald (Jerry) Carter" wrote:

> On Fri, 1 Nov 2002, Nathan Ehresman wrote:
>
> > Hello,
> >
> > I was looking at the ldap authentication code (in 2.2.5) and it looks
> > like there is no support for having multiple ldap servers for
> > authentication (ie, if one is not responding, try from a backup).  Does
> > anyone have a patch to add this functionality?  If not, I'll go ahead
> > and do it but I wanted to check to see if it has already been done first.
>
> Check the HEAD code.  There may be support in there you can back port.

No such support at present, but in HEAD you can come close by setting up
2 passdb backends.  (This isn't ideal however, beocuse lookups that fail
in the first will always go to the second).

Adding such support to HEAD would be very nice - the difficult bit is
actually deciding how to construct smb.conf options.

Andrew Bartlett

Andrew Bartlett                                 abartlet at pcug.org.au
Manager, Authentication Subsystems, Samba Team  abartlet at samba.org
Student Network Administrator, Hawker College   abartlet at hawkerc.net