[Samba] act database problem

Tony McGrew tony at multicam.com
Fri Nov 1 21:25:02 GMT 2002

I have all my Novell stuff finally moved over to the samba server and most
all of it is working.  I have a problem with an act database though.
Whenever I try to open it windows 2000 reports that it is locked by another
user. I check the status and the files are not open at all so it should not
be a locking issue.  Other files (spreadsheets, docs etc..) all open fine.

The system is RH7.3 with Samba 2.2.5  I have a bunch of engineers sharing
solidworks files and they are having no problems, only act it appears. Any
help will be appreciated.

Tony McGrew
www.multicam.com